Rick Quax was recently awarded a one-year fellowship in the Institute of Advanced Studies. As one of 9 appointed Fellows he will be responsible for building bridges between the many different disciplines that visit IAS with complex problems, such as financial complexity, (personalized) health and well-bring, and criminal networks. Fellows are also expected to pursue joint projects amongst themselves. Each Fellow is from a different background, including psychometry, humanities, and epidemiology. Rick’s background is informatics. His goal is to develop new theory for complex systems in general based on information theory, and apply them to different problems across the domains, which will then lead to new insights for his theory.
- September 17, 2020In-Silico Trials for Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke
- September 15, 2020Computational Soft Matter Lab: a joint initiative of the Informatics Institute, van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences, and Institute of Physics. Check out the new website!
- September 03, 2020Mapping the multicausality of Alzheimer’s disease through group model building
- July 24, 2020Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of a cell model using a Gaussian Process metamodel
- April 17, 2020Virtual flow diverter implantation with realistic deployment mechanics and validated force response